dimanche 4 janvier 2009

Second Christmas!!

I'm not a big Tolkein fan (hmm...I mean that I don't like Tolkein that much, not that I'm small and like his books a lot or that there is another, smaller writer of nonsense novels of the same name that I like better or not at all...get on with it. Ed.) but one characer in one of his novels talks of something called 'Second breakfast'. Apparently, it was a meal Tolkein himself took and like it suggests, it's another petit dej eaten around 10 after you've written those first 2000 words of the day....or looked after blighter since 6am. It's a splendid thing. Toast and coffee hovering in between long forgotten breakfast eaten in the gloom of never quite arriving dawn and dinner yet to even be thought of even in organisational terms.
But something even better occured today. The extremely old little lady who lives next door sent her very old little lady daughter around with....a HUGE pile of mail for us that had built up whilst we'd been away that the postie had given her but that she'd forgotten about. There amongst the reminders, lawyers' letters and bailiff announcements were THREE HUGE presents for Amy. Trouble was, it was just before her afternoon snooze and just after she had walked on her own the near entire length of the road down to that tree with the wierd leaves you might have seen on the photos. So she looks a bit tired and well, a bit ungrateful really. But she isn't of course. Just bewildered!!

Thanks a lot for the wonderful things she got. Ronan and Shell for the top books and mits - as you can see from the pics below, a brilliant choice of colour! Gaz Janet et les filles for the wonderful book and maman for the excellent clothes - especially the jacket!! Brilliant!!

Right now, Amy is enjoying her second nap of the day. Vero's off for her second fag of the day and I would be getting myself a second chunk of the 1kg Cadbury's bar of the day, but I've eaten it all all ready.....anyway moving on -











3 commentaires:

Family Brown. a dit…

Huzza! It arrived, Is there room on the broom for a dog like me? I like witch and chips for tea. Ah yes, an all time favourite here, so you should all suffer too.

steve a dit…

Room on the Broom is top!! All in iambic pentameter too!! High brow stuff!

Family Brown. a dit…

Oh yes indeed, high brow we is!, but more important still is does it move you....? It still gives us a smile, which can't be bad in shared reading.